Ever wonder why your kids are rolling your eyes at you?
Personally, I think I’m quite smart. Quite cool. Quite with it. So one day, I put the question to my kids: What’s with all the eye rolling?
Well, they said, sometimes we just want to punch you. But we can’t. And then they gave me a list of things I say that make them wanna punch me.
So since I’m a sharing kind of Mom, who wants other parents to learn from my mistakes, here they are.
THE TOP 10 THINGS MY PARENTS SAY THAT MAKE ME WANNA PUNCH THEM
10. How can you find anything in here? (I just can. My room is like your purse. Only bigger.)
9. When you start a sentence with my full name. (Whatever’s coming can’t be good.)
8. Be nice to your brother. (Why?)
7. I think you should change your shirt. (I think you should change YOUR shirt.)
6. Who ya texting? (A ton of people you don’t know and never will.)
5. Are you OK? (Ya, fine.) Is something bothering you? (Nothing’s bothering me.) Are you sure? Cuz you’re acting all different. (OK, YOU’RE bothering me! LEAVE ME ALONE!)
4. Are you interested in anyone special? (If I don’t bring this up then you don’t.)
3. We need to talk. (So just talk. Don’t torture me with the warning then make me freak out, worrying about what I might possibly need to defend.)
2. Wow, you look STUNNING! (Technically, this shouldn’t bug me, but it does.)
1. Why not? Because I said so. (Good one, Mom. You should be a lawyer.)
Got more? Ask your kids. They’ll have plenty – I guarantee it.