Do your kids like to drink pop (or soda, for you Americans)? One of my teenagers is a pop addict. He’s been sneaking a sip of the bubbly stuff since he was old enough to grab a glass. He gets this love of the carbonated beverage from his father, who goes into withdrawal if I don’t have an ample supply of Diet Coke in the house.
The eco-mom in me cringes at all those bottles and cans going into the recycling. The wife in me rolls her eyes when the big baby sulks when he has to drink lowly water with his supper. And the mom in me struggles with her growing kid drinking so much sugar and sodium (or artifical sweeteners).
The SodaStream solves all those issues for me:
Quick, convenient and easy to use
* Fresh, delicious soda in seconds
* No more lugging heavy, bulky bottles and cans from the store
* No more storing cases of soda
* No more worries about running out of your favourite soft drinks
* Over 25 great-tasting flavours, including regular, diet and caffeine-free options
* Regular flavours have much less sugar, carbs and sodium than store-bought brands
* Diet flavours are sweetened with Sucralose and Acesulfame potassium and contain no aspartame
* Reusable BPA-free bottles and concentrated sodamix cut down on recyclables and disposables, making an environmentally-friendly alternative to store-bought drinks
* No batteries, electricity or plumbing
* Reliable and friendly service
* Money-back guarantee and two-year warranty
We tried the Jet, which is a compact model and not a lot of bells and whistles. It’s a great starter machine, and comes with one BPA-free plastic bottle, and a carbonator that makes 60 L of soda. Changing the carbonator was super-easy, especially once the 13-year old explained it to us.
My favourite flavour was the Sparkling Goodness Lemon-Lime.
My husband obviously loved the Diet Cola,
My boy guzzled the root beer like someone was going to steal it from him.
(My other two only drink plain tap water. They’re boring, and didn’t participate in this taste test.)
Now that we have a SodaStream, we don’t create the same amount of garbage, and we never run out of favourite drinks.
Good for our marriage, good for the environment, and fun for the teen to make his own flavour creations.